CIBC Dividend Visa Platinum credit card is great – Here’s why – You get a cool 4% cash back of all your spending’s in gas stations and Tim Hortons is what the brochure/booklet says. Till date yes I have got my 4% cash back when I swiped the card in Tim’s and the gas stations. So tats cool isn’t it.
But hold on here’s the best part of the CIBC dividend visa card, you end up getting 1% cash back for using your card anywhere else like the grocery, shopping etc.
Couple of more points to note is every year in the month of December you get your cash back in the form of credit to your December statement. And yes I got it this month. So it works !!
Isn’t it really cool that you end up getting the cash back in the month of Christmas and when new years right there to reduce your expenses of paying that extra money towards your credit card bills.
Oh yes before I forget to mention, for car renters like me you get extended vehicle protection insurance included which saves you a lot of cash when you are renting a car. Insurance prices are crazy in Canada man, isn’t it. Anyways there is no limit on the cash back you make, so thats nice to have feature as well.
- Top 30 Canadian Blue Chip Stocks You Should Own in 2019
- Vanguard Growth ETF VGRO Review – Pros and Cons
- My Service Canada Account – Review and Usage in 2019
- Owning a Car With The Ontario G2 License – Pros and Cons
- BMO InvestorLine Review 2019 – The Best Online Discount Brokerage ?
- magicJack Review in Canada 2019 – Features, Pros and Cons
- 2019 Top 14 Canadian Best Dividend Stocks to Buy For Any Portfolio!
- Costco Membership Benefits – Is the Executive Membership Worth It ?
- Comparing TFSA vs RRSP – Which Is Better and Why, Investment Tips and Strategies for 2019
- 2019 Fongo Review – Features, Call Rates and Overview
- Canada Tax Filing 2019 – Everything You Need To Know
- Watch Free TV shows in Canada – Everything you need to know!
The drawback that I find in this card is that you have annual fees of 99$, so you can do the math before you actually go apply for one for you. However the first year is free with no annual fees for you to try the card.
Here’s the link to check more info about the card.
Overall, I do like this card and have got a cash back well over 500 dollars so far.
Do let me know in comments below on what you think and if any other card you think ranks better. I will compare other cards in my future posts. Happy shopping folks its that time of the year!!
Final words – Go for it, go get the CIBC Dividend Visa Credit Card its totally worth it.
I’m a Canadian Blogger with Interest in Personal Finance including Savings, Investing, Stocks & ETF reviews, Side Hustles, Frugal Living, and Retirement Planning. Husband. Father. Web Designer. Hiking Enthusiast